Welcome to another enriching episode of the Umami Conversation Podcast!
🎙️ In Episode 58, we sit down with the incredible Stephanie Jones, as she shares her remarkable journey of self-discovery and empowerment.
Growing up as a voluminous young black girl, Stephanie experienced the absence of a safe haven in her school environment. Feeling detached from her peers from an early age, she grappled with the world’s messages that she didn’t quite fit in. In response, she embraced a persona – that of the funny, big black girl – which inadvertently became her shield against rejection and isolation.
Stephanie Jones, is a makeup artist and self love advocate that has a personal conviction to assist in the change within the beauty and film industry.Stephanie is pushed towards inclusivity for the next generation and to rethink the standard of beauty as we see it.
Here’s a sneak peek of our conversation:
– Growing up as a young black girl without a safe space in school
– Exploring the evolution of her alter ego as a defense mechanism
– The courage to authentically show up in a world resisting change
– Embracing life’s seasons and following God’s guidance for change
– Empowering body positivity as a statement of self-worth
– Navigating the world’s attempts to stifle black women’s uniqueness
Thank you for tuning into this episode of Umami Conversations. If you found this conversation enlightening and empowering, be sure to subscribe and share with others who may resonate with this journey of authenticity and self-empowerment. Stay tuned for more inspiring stories and discussions that encourage personal growth and transformation.
Let’s stay connected